How do you install version 6.6?
See the Installation and download instructions for information on installing this release.
And be sure to check out the minimum system requirements.
A quick note about the dashboard and service routing
The new dashboard and service routing features are actually secure websites that are being opened by a browser inside Evosus Enterprise. This is a big step forward because it means when we make enhancements and fixes to these features, and you will immediately get access to the changes. You won't have to download and install the latest release.
The dashboard gives you a high-level snapshot of your organization. It's all of the key information that you need, in one place.
How do you get to the dashboard?
If you have permission to view the dashboard, it will automatically appear when you log in. You can also open it by selecting Go To > Dashboard. By default, everyone in the Administrators security group has access to the dashboard. You can select Show Dashboard on Startup (File > Show Dashboard on Startup) if you want to launch the dashboard each time you log into Evosus Enterprise.
How do you give users access to the dashboard?
Use the Can access management dashboard security permission to give users access to the dashboard.
- Add the permission to a group (Administration > System > Security > Security - Group Level Permissions > Open a group).
- Add the permission to an specific employee (Administration > System > Security - Employee Level Permissions > Select an employee).
Where does the dashboard information come from?
Wondering which invoices are included on the Sales tile? Just click on the icon at the top of a tile, and a detailed explanation appears.
How do you change the date range of the dashboard data?
Use the Management Dashboard Data Date Range to Display parameter to determine the date range of the data included in the tiles. This parameter is on the Management Dashboard tab of the System Parameters screen (Administration > System > Evosus Defaults > System Parameters). Select any of the options below.
- Year to date in the current year versus year to date in the last year.
- Period over Period: Past 180 days versus previous 180 days (6 months)
- Period over Period: Past 90 days versus previous 90 days ( 3 months)
- Period over Period: Past 30 days versus previous 30 days (1 month)
- Year over Year: Past 180 days in the current year versus the same 180 days in the previous year.
How do you drill down into the dashboard data?
For example, what if you want to see all of your orders, not just the orders included in the Big Sales tile. Just click on the icon at the top of the Big Sales tile to open the Orders tab of the Sales Manager screen (Administration > Sales > Search Open Orders). You can use this feature to drill down into the numbers and navigate to the source.
When is the dashboard data updated?
The Evosus Daemon service sends the data from your database to a secure cloud service, which then populates the dashboard. That means the Evosus Daemon service must be running properly in order for the dashboard to work.
The Evosus Daemon service sends data to the secure cloud service hourly, every 3 hours, or every 8 hours based on the type of data. You can see when data will be updated using the Evosus Batch Jobs screen (Administration > System > Database > Evosus Batch Jobs).
|Every 1 Hour||Every 3 Hours||Every 8 Hours, but only after 8pm or before 6am|
After installing version 6.6, you have to wait 24 hours before using the dashboard
You will see a 404 error page if you go to the dashboard immediately after upgrading to version 6.6. It takes about 24 hours before your data will display.
If you go to the Evosus Batch Jobs screen (Administration > System > Database > Evosus Batch Jobs), you can see that all of the Management Dashboard Export tasks haven't run yet. This is how the Evosus Daemon service sends the data from your database to a secure cloud service. Once all of these tasks are complete, your data will display in the dashboard.
Currently, service routing has two main features.
#1 Optimize a route - Open a tech's daily stops in Google Maps, and then optimize the order of the stops to reduce the distance traveled. Once the route has been optimized, you can save the route and print the new route sheet using Print Docs button on the Schedule Search screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule).
#2 View the distribution of all stops - View all of the stops in a single day in Google Maps. This helps you optimize the distribution of stops to different techs.
What do you need to know about this feature?
- Valid addresses only: To use this feature, all of the stops must be associated with a valid address.
- Routes optimized only using miles: When optimizing a route, the application is only optimizing the miles traveled. It is not taking into account any other factors, for example, promised time, time of day, or task priority.
- Maps include both scheduled tasks and completed tasks: The maps do not include tasks that have been canceled.
- You can change the status of a task (scheduled, completed, canceled) using the Search Schedule screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule > Open a task > Status field).
- You can still get turn by turn directions: Just click the icon on the task (Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule > Open a task > Task tab). This feature was in previous releases.
- MapPoint is still available: The MapPoint integration is still available in the application.
- Print route sheets like before: You still print routes using route sheets (Administration > Service and Delivery > Print Service Documents). You cannot print routes that include turn by turn directions.
- Over Query Limit: When using the Service Routing feature, an Over_Query_Limit error might occasionally appear. Just click the Refresh icon in the upper right corner of the screen. We are currently working on this issue.
Optimize a route
Step 1: Open the Google Maps Integration screen.
- Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule - Day List > Click Map.
- Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule - Day Calendar > Click Map.
- Administration > Service and Delivery > Mapping - Google Maps - Tech Route Itinerary.
Step 2: Select a tech.
Step 3: Select Map View - Tech Route Itinerary.
Step 4: Click Map It.
- All of the scheduled and completed tasks appear in Google Maps in the order that was set up in Evosus Enterprise. Canceled tasks do not appear in the list.
- Headquarters: The headquarters is always task #1 on the list, and it is the default location associated with the selected tech (Administration > Service and Delivery > Techs > Open a tech > Default Location). This means if a tech works from home, you can set up their home address as a location (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Locations), and then set up that location as the default location of the service tech.
- Scheduled tasks appear in orange. Completed tasks appear in green. Canceled tasks are not included in the list.
- When you hover the mouse over a task, the pin on the map associated with that task will bounce up and down.
- Click on any task to view detailed information, e.g. customer address, and phone number. Click the Edit icon next to the customer or task information to open the related record in Evosus Enterprise.
Step 5: Check Optimize. Google Maps changes the order of the stops to optimize the distance traveled by the tech.
- When optimizing a route, the application is only optimizing the miles traveled. It is not taking into account any other factors, for example, promised time, time of day, or task priority.
- Completed tasks are included: The application ignores the status of the service task when optimizing the route. That means the optimized route could include stops that have already been completed.
Step 6: Click Save Route.
Step 7: The new stop order is saved in Evosus Enterprise.
- You can print the new route sheet using the Print Docs button on the Schedule Search screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule).
View the distribution of all stopsStep 1: Open the Google Maps Integration screen.
- Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule - Day List > Click Map.
- Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule - Day Calendar > Click Map.
- Administration > Service and Delivery > Mapping - Google Maps - Route Grouping Analysis.
Step 2: Select all of the techs that you want included in the map.
Step 3: Select Map View - Route Grouping Analysis.
Step 4: Click Map It!. All of the stops for the selected techs appear on the map. Click on a stop to see which tech is assigned to the stop.
Evosus Mobile Services
Are you tired of entering the entire serial number when setting up a new mobile device?
There is a new feature on the Mobile Dashboard (Administration > Mobile > Mobile Dashboard > Licensing) to help you quickly set up a new mobile device.
Step 1: Install Evosus Mobile Services
Install Evosus Mobile Services on the device.
Step 2: Get your five letter code
#1 On the device, tap on Setup to open the Account screen.
#2 Find the five letter code at the bottom of the screen. For example, TKXXE.
Step 3: Input your five letter code into the Mobile Dashboard
#1 In Evosus Enterprise, go to Administration > Mobile > Mobile Dashboard.
#2 Open the Licensing tab.
#3 Enter the five letter code into the Setup Code field.
#4 Select the employee that is using the device in the Employee field.
#5 Upload Pics over WiFi only - Check this box if the device should only upload pictures when connected to WiFi.
#6 Click Push Setup to Device.
Step 4: Setup information is loaded onto the device
An information message appears on the mobile device, and the serial number and configuration information is loaded.
|Credit Memo||Fixed an issue where using credit memos to enter beginning balances was creating duplicate journal entries.|
Evosus Card Services
|Canada/Interac||Evosus Card Services now supports credit card processing in Canada. Since Canada/Interact requires a token to be set up on each terminal, several screens are slightly different. OpenEdge will configure these settings when they set up your account.|
For information about Evosus Card Services in Canada, please contact your Account Manager.
Enter a debit TID and credit TID on each card reader terminalWhen setting up each card reader terminal using the Device Setup screen, assign a Debit TID and Credit TID. OpenEdge will provide this information.
Merchant Setup & Test screen (Administration > Evosus Card Services > General Setup > Merchant Profiles)
Merchant Profile tab
Map Stores to Merchant tabWhen setting up Canada/Interac, this tab displays all of the cash drawers grouped by store. Select the cash drawer to map to the merchant profile.
|Card On File - American Express Cards||Corrected an issue where you could not add an American Express card as a card on file.|
To add a card on file, go to Customer > Open the customer > Click Card on File > Select Add Credit Card from the menu that appears.
|Cancel Debit Card Transactions||Corrected an issue where debit card transactions canceled using the Cancel Transaction button on the POS Transaction Today screen (POS > My Transactions Today) were not canceled correctly.|
Now transactions that were processed using Evosus Card Services cannot be canceled using the Cancel Transaction button.
|Debit Card Transactions||Debit card payments were not displaying as settled on the Card Requests Search screen (Administration > Evosus Card Services > Requests - Settled).|
|Receipt||The Card field on the receipt has been corrected to include if the transaction was a credit or debit card - for example, "Visa-Debit".|
|Removed Several System Parameters||Several system parameters (Administration > System > Evosus Defaults > System Parameters > Evosus Card Services) that were no longer used were removed from the application.|
|Merchant Profile||The merchant profile with ID#1 is now read-only after the record has been saved.|
|Cinderella||When importing inventory, corrected an issue where the manufacturer SKU or product ID was populating in the UPC code field instead of the UPC.|
|RGAs||Corrected an issue where you couldn't change the unit price of RGA items.|
You can now change the unit price of RGA items using the Items tab on the Return Goods Authorization screen (Administration > Inventory > Return Goods Authorization > Search RGAs > Open an RGA > Items tab > Open an item > Unit Price field).
|Fixed an issue where it was possible to cancel an RGA that was in a closed accounting period. An error message will now appear if you try to cancel an RGA in a closed accounting period.|
To close an RGA, go to Administration > Inventory > Return Goods Authorization > Search RGAs > Right click on an RGA and select Change Status - Cancel from the menu that appears.
|Add a contact to a vendor||The phone number of a vendor contact now appears in the correct format - for example, (555)555-5555.|
To add a contact to a vendor, go to Administration > Inventory > Search Vendors > Open a vendor > Contacts tab > Click Add.
|Pending Returns||Corrected an issue where a special order item appeared on the Pending Returns screen even after canceling the return invoice that it was associated with. The Pending Returns screen (Administration > Inventory > Utilities > Process Pending Returned Items) displays items that have been returned until you determine what to do with the item.|
For example, if you create a return order for a special order item, invoice the return order, and then cancel the return invoice, the special order item will no longer appear on the Pending Returns screen.
|Materials Missing on Work Order||If you associated a material with a work order, delivered the material on a job phase (for example, PHASE 1), changed the status of the material back to undelivered, and then moved the material to a different phase (for example, PHASE 2), the material would not appear on the work order for the new phase (PHASE 2).|
|Job Materials Search screen||Fixed an issue where an error message would appear when opening the Job Materials Search screen (Administration > Job Costing > Search Job Materials), and if you used the No Filter, On PO, Not on PO radio buttons.|
|Mass Pay||When paying multiple open invoices using card on files (mass pay), the last four digits of the card on files were not appearing on the merchant receipts. This issue has been fixed in this release.|
To use mass pay, go to Administration > Maintenance Contracts > Search Open Contract Invoices > Check the Has Credit Card On File Only box > Click Refresh > Click Auto Payment On File.
|Adding a creative||When adding a new creative, the interests were not displaying on the Interests tab.|
To add a new creative, go to Administration > Marketing > Creatives > Click Add.
|Income Statement||Corrected an issue where the % Variance column on the report was not calculating correctly when the previous period is a negative amount and the current period is a positive amount. The % Variance column only appears on the Income Statement when you compare two periods of time.|
To compare two periods of time on the Income Statement, select an option in the Compare Period To section on the Dates tab of the Financial Statements screen (Administration > Accounting > Accounting Desk > Income Statement > Dates tab).
|Item Dump||Fixed an issue where even if you filtered the report by a specific stock site, all stock sites were still included on the report.|
You can filter the Item Dump Report by stock site by selecting a stock site in the Quantity Based On field on the Quantity tab (Administration > Reports > Inventory > Items > Item Dump).
|Employee Action Item Search||Corrected an issue where Widowed would occasionally appear in the From column on the Employee Action Item Search screen (Employee > My Action Items).|
|Purchase Orders||When generating purchase orders from sales orders, the application was creating a separate line item for each item added to the purchase order rather than combining the same items into a single line item. This issue has been fixed in this release.|
You can generate a purchase order from a sales order using the POs button the Sales Order screen (Customer > Open a customer > Sales Orders tab > Open a sales order).
|Points Reward Program||Corrected an issue where customers were being rewarded double points on their first points reward transaction. This could also cause a duplicate credit memo.|
|Create new service order||When creating a new service order, a Run-time Error '0' message would appear when clicking on the Service tab of the Service Order screen to navigate through the sub-tabs. This issue has been fixed in this release.You can create a new service order from a customer account using the Service Orders tab on the Customer screen (Customer > Open a customer > Service Orders tab > Click Add).|
|System Parameters||An Include blackout dates on Evosus Mobile schedule parameter has been added to the Mobile tab of the System Parameters screen. When this parameter is set to Yes, the blackout dates set up in Evosus Enterprise appear on the schedule in Evosus Mobile.|
|Evosus Card Services||Fixed an issue where an error would occur when migrating existing credit cards on file after upgrading to version 6.6.130 (Administration > Evosus Card Services > Migrate Legacy Cards on File to OpenEdge Tokens).|
|Debit and keyed transactions will now correctly appear as settled on the Card Request & Batch Search screen (Administration > Evosus Card Services > Requests - Settled).|
|Evosus Payroll Services||Fixed an issue where Federal tax payment checks were not being imported into Evosus Enterprise. The application now searches through all tax payments in the last 30 days and imports tax payments that aren't duplicates.|
|System||Corrected an issue where the Evosus Tray was not appearing in the system tray.|
|Customer Address Locations ||Customer Address locations need to have a phone number & email address checked off within the location. Evosus will no longer assume the customer default is associated to every address location.|
|Daily Cash Summary||The Daily Cash Summary Report has been added back to the application. To open the Daily Cash Summary Report, go to Administration > Reports > Banking > Daily Cash Summary.|
This report is only being included in the application for a limited time. If you currently use this report, please find other alternatives as soon as possible. Contact your Account Manager is you have any questions.
|Evosus Batch Jobs||A Reset Jobs button has been added to the Evosus Batch Jobs screen. Click this button to reset the Next Run Date. This forces the batch job to run immediately.|
|Evosus Card Services||When setting up your application to use Evosus Card Services, you have to link a store (US clients) or cash drawer (Canadian clients) to a merchant profile. When the Use OpenEdge Card Services parameter is changed from Yes to No, the application now removes all links that have been set up between the stores or cash drawers, and the merchant account.|
|Evosus Mobile Services - Office Follow-up Notes||If a scheduled task is created from a sales order, and Office Follow-up Notes are entered using Evosus Mobile Service, the notes are now correctly saved in the Office Follow-up Notes field on the sales order.|
You can view the Office Follow-up Notes field on a sales order using the Internal tab on the Sales Order screen (Open a customer > Sales Order tab > Open a sales order > Internal tab > Office Follow-up Notes field).
|Invoices||In version 6.5.109, we added validation so that an AR Invoice could no longer be created with a date prior to the date that the items were received in inventory. We removed this validation in this release. |
|Inventory||If you try to inactivate an inventory item that is assigned to a open quote, open order, or job material, the Waiting For screen now appears and displays all of the assigned quotes, orders, and jobs.|
In previous versions, the quotes did not appear on the Waiting For screen.
|Purchase Orders||Corrected an issue where a purchase order item status appeared as New, but were actually On Order.|
This occurred if a user created the PO and left it open, and then another user changed the status to sent. When the original user adds more purchase order line items, those items appear as New.
Min/Max 12 Month Analysis
Top Item Analysis
|If you click Print To Screen when trying to generate one of these reports, a message now appears and explains that these reports can only be output to an MS Excel spreadsheet.|
|RGA||You can now explicitly assign a store to an RGA. The following changes have been made to the application.|
|When an inventory item was set up to track a serial number on receive, the application was not requiring a serial number when receiving the item into inventory from an RGA. This issue has been fixed in this release. You can now enter a serial number on the Receive Inventory from RGA screen.|
|Inventory was not being updated when the quantity or unit of measure was changed on a sent RGA item. The following changes have been made in this release. Click Make Changes to edit the items on an RGA (Customer > Open a customer > RGAs tab > Open a sent RGA > Items tab).|
|Service & Scheduling||When creating a new maintenance contract, the Request field defined on the contract will now populate on the scheduled tasks created for the contract.|
These steps outline the basic process of adding a request to a contract, and then creating scheduled tasks that include the selected request.
|Web API Dashboard||Several new API methods have been added to the application.|
|Updated the Web API Dashboard to open our documentation on SwaggerHub, which list of all of the available methods.|
We made a couple enhancements to the Crik-IT integration.
- You can now include parts and accessories in the inventory import (Administration > Industry Integrations > Import New Inventory).
- Now you can import as many items as needed. Previously, you were limited to a maximum of 500.
Evosus Mobile Services
An Evosus Mobile Services license can now be transferred to another user 24 hours after the last time the license was used to log into the mobile application. In previous versions, you had to wait 72 hours. For example, if a technician quits, in previous versions you had to wait 72 hours before you could assign their Evosus Mobile Services license to a new technician. The waiting period has now been shortened to 24 hours. You can see the shortened waiting period using the Licensing tab on the Mobile Dashboard (Administration > Mobile > Mobile Dashboard). This screen includes a Held Until field, which displays the date that the Evosus Mobile Services license will be available to reassign to another user. The value in this field is always be 24 hours after the last time the license was used to log into the mobile application.
We corrected an issue where an error appeared when posting the Sales Journal.
There have been several fixes to SOIs.
- New batch job: We created a batch job that corrects the issue where an SOI item has been received but cannot be delivered on a customer order. Once an SOI item processed by the batch job, it can be delivered on a customer order.The SOI Review batch job appears on the Evosus Batch Jobs screen (Administration > System > Database > Evosus Batch Jobs). It automatically runs every 2 hours during normal business hours, but you can use the Reset Job button on the screen to force the job to run immediately.
- SOI assigned correct vendor when converted to non-stock item: In previous versions, when an SOI item is deleted from the order, received items are converted to non-stock items, but they are assigned the SOI's default vendor. In the current release, the converted non-stock items are now assigned the actual vendor selected on the SOI and the vendor PO.
|Batch Jobs||Corrected an issue where the Recurring Transactions batch job was not completing.|
Batch jobs appear on the Evosus Batch Jobs screen (Administration > System > Database > Evosus Batch Jobs).
|Customer Statements||The terms and conditions appearing on an invoice where for the incorrect number of days. For example, an invoice between 1 and 30 days old included the terms and conditions for an invoice between 31 - 90 days old. This issues has been fixed in this release. The terms and conditions that appears on the statement is now based on the statement date. |
|Employee||Fixed an issue where you could not delete the emergency contact information on an employee.|
|Get latest release||Want to get the latest release? Just select Help > What is the latest release? in the toolbar at the top of the main screen to download the latest release.|
|Help||Select Help > View Help in the toolbar at the top of the main application screen to launch the new Help Desk at http://ee-support.evosus.com/support/home.|
|ICPO||An error message would appear exporting ICPO items to MS Excel using the Excel icon on the Items tab of the Inter-Company PO screen (Administration > Inventory > Inter-Company Purchase Orders > Search Inter-Company Purchase Orders).|
|Inventory Items||When the Do Not Print on Customer Quotes and Orders option was checked on the item, the item was still appearing on invoices generated from a maintenance contract. This issue has been fixed in this release.|
The Do Not Print on Customer Quotes and Orders option is on the Options tab of the Item screen (Inventory > Open an item > Options tab).
|Invoices||Fixed an issue where the discount date was not populating correctly when entering multiple invoices for the same vendor.|
|Corrected an issue where unrelated item receipts were appearing on the Apply Inventory tab of the Bill screen.|
You can create a new bill using the New Bill screen (Administration > Accounting > Accounts Payable > Enter Bill).
|Kits||Corrected an issue where all of the items in a kit appeared on a small receipt even when the Print Kit Items and Print Kit Item Prices options where not selected on the kit.|
The Print Kit Items and Print Kit Item Prices options are set up on kit maintenance screen (Administration > Inventory > Search Kits > Select Static Kits or Dynamic Kits > Open a kit > Profile tab).
|Fixed an issue where the reward points were being doubled when a kit was sold through POS.|
|Reports||Summary version of Job Costing Reports|
When selecting the Summary Version option when generating the Job Costing reports (Reports > Job Costing), the application would still generate a detailed version of the report. This issue has been fixed in this release.
|Timecard Report, Punch Timecard Detail Report|
Fixed an issue where an error message would appear when trying to open these reports. This only occurred for clients with a very large number of pay periods.
Evosus Mobile Services version 4
We made several enhancements to Evosus Enterprise to support the new features in Evosus Mobile Service version 4.
Evosus Enterprise now integrates with ADP. Just create an export file using your ADP Run account, and then import that file into Evosus Enterprise, mapping the accounts that you created in ADP to your GL accounts and stores in Evosus Enterprise. More
Jobs in Progress
We made several enhancements to make it easier to reconcile the Jobs In Progress account. Admin/Reports/Job Costing
- Validation added to vendor bills, checks, and debit memos: A transaction is locked and not editable if it's applied to a job and that amount has been recognized. If the bill, check, or debit memo is applied to multiple jobs, it is locked if only one of the jobs has recognized revenue. If you need to edit the vendor bill, check, or debit memo, just void the revenue recognition.
- Jobs In Progress Report: We created a Jobs In Progress report. This reports lists all active jobs, and the Jobs In Progress balance on each job. You need to have the GL posted to the date used to generate the report in order to tie out the report.
- Jobs in Progress - Quick Reconcile Report: This report is a very quick way to see the activity of the Jobs In Progress GL account for a period of time. This report compares the Trial Balance Report Total and the Jobs In Progress Report Total for every day in a 30 day period. If there is a difference between the two totals on a day included in the report, the report includes a summary of the difference.
- In Progress Balance field added to Job screen: An In Progress Billing field has been added to the Job screen (Administration > Job Costing > Search Jobs > Open a job). This field shows the current Jobs In Progress Balance for the selected job.
- View GL Posting for this Job: A View GL Postings for this job button has been added to the Accounting tab of the Job screen (Administration > Job Costing > Search Jobs > Open a job). Click this button to see all of the journal entries in the GL for this job summarized by account code. This shows the GL balance of the Jobs in Progress GL account. If the job is closed, the Jobs in Progress GL account debits and credits should balance.
- Jobs In Progress Acct field: A Jobs In Progress Acct column has been added to the MS Excel version of the following reports: Job Percent Complete, Job Profitability, Job Bill Summary. The Jobs In Progress Acct column displays the total dollars this specific job has contributed to the Jobs In Progress account. Bookkeepers can use this column to tie out their GL Financial JIP account to the reports.
- Validation added to Job Revenue Recognition screen: If you had multiple Revenue Recognition screens open, or another user had the same screen open, changes made on those screens could override each other. Now if the values are changed by another user while you have the screen open, you must update the values on your own screen before saving your changes.
There have been a few changes to how cash drawers are opened.
- Journal entry is now created when you open a cash drawer with less/more money than when it was closed. For example, if you left $200 in a cash drawer after close, and you open it with $100, the application will now automatically create a journal entry. In this example, the following journal entry is created. If the cash drawer was opened with $300, the accounts below would be switched, meaning the $100 credit would be to the Over/Under Expense Account, and the debit would be to the Cash On Hand account.
|Over/Under Expense Account||$100|
|Cash On Hand (set up on the cash drawer)||$100|
- Updated Closing Form: An Opening Cash Was Off field has been added to the Closing Form report that is generated when you close a cash drawer. This field displays the amount that the opening cash was off from the closing cash left in the cash drawer. For example, if you left $200 in the cash drawer when you closed it and opened it with $175, this field would display $25.
- Possible Fraudulent Cash Drawer Opens: We created a new notification titled Possible Fraudulent Cash Drawers Opens. Anyone assigned to this notification group will be notified when a cash drawer is opened with less cash than when it was closed. More about notifications
Evosus Mobile Services
|Mobile Dashboard||There have been several enhancements to the Mobile Dashboard to support Evosus Mobile Services version 4.0 and higher.|
Information on setting up Evosus Mobile Services
|Physical Count||Corrected an issue where an error might appear when doing a physical count on a lot of inventory items.|
Overview/recommendations on physical counts
|Delete||Click the Delete button on the Order Queue Search screen (Administration > Sales > Order Queues > Manage Order Queues) to delete all of the items in a queue, and then delete the queue.|
|Days in Q||We added a Days in Q column (Administration > Sales > Order Queues > Manage Order Queues > Click View Queue). This column displays the number of days the order has been in the queue.|
Point of Sale
|Rounding Issues||Corrected an issue where a penny was being posted to miscellaneous sales in the general ledger due to a rounding error on exchange transactions.|
For example, if you sold 2 units and 1 of the units was exchanged, in some cases the tax amount was rounded incorrectly and the application was creating a penny posting to miscellaneous sales in the general ledger.
|Accounts Payable Quick Reconciliation||This is an MS Exel spreadsheet that compares the daily balance of the Accounts Payable account and the Accounts Payable Aging Report total. There is also an Entries Posting This Day In GL column that you can reference if the two values are different.|
More information on this report
|Accounts Receivable Quick Reconciliation||This is an MS Exel spreadsheet that compares the daily balance of the Accounts Receivable account and the Accounts Receivable Aging Report total. There is also an Entries Posting This Day In GL column that you can reference if the two values are different.|
More information on this report
|Sales Manager||Fixed an issue where voided invoices were appearing on the Search Potential Commissions tab of the Sales Manager screen. Now when an invoice is voided, the order will appear as an open order on the Orders tab of the Sales Manager, but the voided invoice will not appear on the Commission Potential tab.|
You can open the Sales Manager screen using several buttons on the Employee tab of the main menu: My Commissions, Open Orders, Open Invoices, etc.
This release includes several enhancements and fixes to Evosus Mobile Services version 4. Check out the Evosus Mobile Services release notes for detailed information.
- "One or more line items in this kit are invoiced. Cannot prorate kit price": Added validation so that you cannot prorate a kit price if any of the line items on the kit have been invoiced. For example, if you create an order, add a kit to the order, and then invoice some of the kit items on the order, you will not be able to prorate the kit price.
- ADP: When importing checks, the ADP import was not always assigning the correct employee to the check. This fix will improve which employees are assigned to which checks, but it will not be perfect. ADP does not include enough information in the import file to unequivocally identify the specific employee that was paid - for example, a social security number. That means if you import the check data, Evosus Enterprise might not assign the correct employee to a check.
- New Card on File: When entering a new card on file in the New Card on File screen, only part of the credit card information field labels (for example, Credit Card Number, Address, etc.) were displaying on the screen. This has been corrected in this release. To enter a new card on file for a customer, go to Customer > Open a customer > Preview tab > Card on File > Add Credit Card.
Fixed several issues with importing ADP files using Evosus Payroll Services (Administration > Evosus Payroll Services > ADP Dashboard).
- Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation: This error occurred when trying to import a file that contained one of the following characters in the GL account code or description fields: (, ), or /.
- Can now import files with category appended to GL account description: We enhanced the GL account and department mapping in Evosus Enterprise to use both the GL account code, and GL description. This means you can now set up mapping even if the categories are being appended to the GL account description instead of the GL account field in the import file.
- Can now import files with a single <GLTransaction></GLTransaction>: Corrected an issue where an import file with multiple <GLTransaction> tags could not be imported into Evosus Enterprise.
Fixed encryption issues for communicating with a minimum cipher of TLS 1.2 as mandated by the PCI Security Standards council. This fix allows OpenEdge Global merchants to process card transactions during a TLS lock down (Brown Out) period. These brown outs are simulating the environment that will be permanently in place June 2018 and forward. Customers who process credit cards with an OpenEdge Global EMV compliant account MUST INSTALL THIS PATCH to avoid further service interruptions.
- Fixed OpenEdge Force Sale issue that created recurring refunds while querying OpenEdge gateway for the transaction's settlement status.
- Google Mapping was not plotting the task for a tech when the tech was an additional Tech (non-primary). Those tasks were missing on the map.
- Google Mapping was failing when mapping a scheduled task that was related to a Job Work Order.
- The patch addresses the recent issue with OpenEdge duplicate transactions. While the problem is not directly related to Evosus, we have added some defensive measures to reduce the occurrence of these issues.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback