The Items tab allows you to manage items on this purchase order (Administration > Inventory > Vendor Purchase Orders > Select a search option > Open a purchase order). You can add items, remove items, edit quantity, edit cost, set expected dates, and place items on back order.
There are three ways to add items to a purchase order:
#1 Items can be added manually by entering an item code directly into the Our Item Code field. If you know the item code, simply type your internal item code or vendor item code directly into the Our Item Code field, enter the order quantity and click Add. Remember - the quantity you're adding is based on the vendor unit of measure. Quantity 1 could potentially be 1 case of 12.
#2 Item can be added be searching inventory. You can search inventory by typing a partial item code or description into the Our Item Code field and hitting <Enter> on the keyboard OR click the search button. Entering a partial item code or description will automatically search inventory for that text. Clicking the search button will open the search screen so you can enter specific search criteria. By default, Evosus only searches inventory for the vendor selected on the purchase order; however, you can select a different vendor from the pull down list. If you select an item that does NOT currently have a relationship with the vendor on the purchase order, you will be prompted to allow Evosus to assign the vendor to that item or you will not be able add the item to the purchase order.
#3 Items can be added to the purchase order by clicking Find Re-Order Alert Items. This will walk you through the process of searching for items that need to be ordered for orders, jobs and preset reorder limits. Searching reorder alerts from a purchase order will only search inventory for the stock site and vendor selected on the purchase order.
Check the "Append to Current Item" check box if you want Evosus to combine same item codes into a single line item. Uncheck the box to have each item listed separately. For instance, type C-4950 into the Our Item Code field and click Add. A single line item is added to the order. Type C-4950 into the Our Item Code field a second time and click Add. If "Append to Current Item" is checked, then a the previous line is adjusted to reflect Quantity 2. If "Append to Current Item" is unchecked, a second line item with quantity 1 will be added to the order.
Click Edit Item to update an item on the purchase order. When editing the item, you have the option to update unit price, quantity, item code and description. Editing the item on the purchase order does not permanently change this information on the item. It only changes the information for this purchase order.
The following information can be edited on PO line items:
- Item Code: This item code will display on the printed PO. Editing the item code on the PO does not permanently change the item code for this item.
- Item Description: This item description will display on the printed PO. Editing the item code on the PO does not permanently change the item code for this item.
- Quantity: This us the quantity you are requesting from the vendor.
- Unit of Measure: The unit of measure (UOM) defaults to the UOM selected for that vendor in the Item Profile. You are allowed to change the UOM for an item on a PO; however, it's important to remember to change the unit price to match the new UOM.- Unit Price: The unit price defaults to the unit price entered for that vendor in the Item Profie and ties directly to the default UOM. Editing the unit price does not permanently change the cost of this item in the item profile.
- The unit price is crucial in determining the inventory valuation cost of the item. It is considered best practice to ensure the cost on the purchase order is the exact cost you will pay for the item to ensure valuation cost is correct upon receipt (valuation cost being average, FIFO or LIFO). It is possible to update the cost when entering the vendor invoice; however, it's best practice to do this on the PO at time of order.
- If the Unit Price needs to be permanently changed on the item profile, click Update Item Vendor Relationship. This allows you to permanently change the item code, description, cost (vendor unit price) and ordering unit of measure.
- Tax Code: You are able to select a tax code for the purchase order or for individual items on the purchase order. This is for reference purposes only. The tax will print on the purchase order; however, it does not follow through to the vendor invoice.
- Comment: Enter a comment you wish to print on the purchase order directly below this item. Uncheck “Print Comment on PO” if you do not want the comment to print.
- Back Ordered: Marking the item as back ordered means the item will not arrive by the default expected date, perhaps due to a manufacturing delay or the local vendor is out of stock. Back Ordered items will display the item in the Back Ordered queue for easy reference. You must check the box and enter a comment to place the item on back order.
- Expected: This is the date the item is expected to arrive. By default, the expected date is based on the vendor lead time (setup in the Vendor Profile), but you can update the expected date per item. This is especially useful for back ordered items.
- Click Previous or Next to move through items on the purchase order. You may also hit <F2> on the keyboard for the Previous button or <F3> on the keyboard for the Next button.
Click Add New Item to Inventory to add a new item to inventory. This will take you to the New Inventory Item form where you can enter the item code, product line, vendor, cost and price. Remember - you still need to add the item to the purchase order after adding it to inventory. To do this, type the item code into the Our Item Code field and click Add.
- Click Line Order to change the list order of items on the purchase order. To change the order, highlight an item and click Move Up or Move Down. Click OK to save changes.
- Click Receive to receive items on the purchase order. Once items have been received, they will be listed on the Item Receipts menu of the purchase order.
- Click Stock Status to view the current on hand and reserved quantities company wide for each item on the purchase order. Once in the Stock Status screen, highlight an item to view the quantity details at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Cancel to delete or cancel an item on the order.
- You cannot cancel an item that has been received.
- You cannot cancel an item with serial numbers in the receiving status. You must first delete the serial numbers by going to the Serial Numbers menu of the PO, highlighting the serial number(s) and clicking Options>Delete.
- You can only delete an item if the PO status is New. Once the PO status is On Order, you can only Cancel the item.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback