Related Video Content:
Adding Leads, Creating Quotes, Using Kits, Promoting Quotes to Orders
Enter a lead, create a quote, and promote the quote into an order. This video also reviews dynamic kits and static kits and explains the differences between the two.
Use the Quotes tab on the Customer screen to create and maintain quotes. Quotes are used to give customers an estimate on labor or inventory. Expiration dates may be placed on Quotes giving the customer a time frame in which to accept the proposed estimate. Once the customer has accepted the Quote it can be converted into a Sales or Service Order in which case all the information on the Quote will be transferred onto an order so that payments can be received and items can be delivered.
- Store (Department): If you have proper security permissions you may change the Store or Department this sale is being applied to. You may need to do this if a Quote is being entered after it was completed and you are logged into a different store than where the transaction is actually taking place.
- Primary Sales Person: Evosus® defaults the Primary Sales Person to the employee logged in. However, if you have the proper security permissions you may change the Primary Sales Person on a Quote. You may need to do this is you are entering the Quote after it was completed and another employee actually quoted the customer. Changing the Primary Sales Person will change the assignment of the commission.
- Source: select how the Quote came to your store whether it was by Store, Fax, Internet, Phone, Service or Maintenance. Field defaults to Store.
Distribution Method: the Distribution Method for Quotes is defaulted based on the Sales Order Distribution Method default associated to the logged in store; however, you can select a different Distribution Method if needed. If you are updating the Distribution Method for an order with existing line items and have Store Stock Site Relationships setup by Distribution Method, then Evosus will ask if you want to change the stock site for each line item on the order based on the selected Distribution Method. If you click Yes, Evosus will update the stock site for each line item based on the Distribution Method. If you click No, Evosus will not update existing line items; however, all new line items will use the appropriate stock site based on the selected Distribution Method. Please note that Distribution Methods are customizable.
- Interest: you may need to change the customer's interest if they are not buying based off the interest they originally came in for. Generally the system will prompt you to enter a new interest once you add items onto the Quote, but if you do not add items to the Quote that reflect the interest selected, you will need to select a new interest.
- Marketing Tracking ID: when creatives are set up in Marketing, a unique Tracking ID is assigned by Evosus®. You may also enter your own tracking ID. If you list this Tracking ID on a mailer or some other marketing piece, you can track all the sales that are made through the mailer by entering the Tracking ID on the Quote.
- Expiration Date: expiration dates can be set on Quotes. Once a Quote has passed the designated expiration date it will notify the sales person opening the Quote that it has expired although the sales person can still promote the Quote to a Sales or Service Order. The default expiration period on Quotes is set through System Parameters and is generally set for 30 days. This date can be changed on the Quote by selecting a different date on the calendar. For example, if you give the customer 5 days to take advantage of the offer extended on the Quote, you can override the expiration date to 5 days after the Quote was created.
- Sales Tax: typically, Sales Tax is defaulted based on the Sales Tax default selected for the logged in store; however, the tax selection will be different if one of the following defaults exist:
- If a Sales Tax Override is selected on the Options menu of the Customer Profile, then Evosus will use that tax over all other tax defaults.
- If a Sales Tax default exists for the customer's zip code, Evosus will use that tax code if a Sales Tax Override does NOT exist for the customer.
- Changing the Sales Tax on an order with existing line items will update the sales tax for all line items the transaction.
- Offers are created based off the advertising code selected for that customer. If an offer is available it will appear on the Quote Profile. If the customer is taking advantage of one of these offers, such as Zero Percent Financing or 10% Off, check off the correct offer. You will still need to manually take the discount off the Quote. Selecting an offer allows you to record your return on investment and better enable you to market to your customers. You will be able to track what offers your customers are responding to and how much profit you are making off each offer.
- Bill To: If the customer has a different bill to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Ship To: If the customer has a different ship to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Ship to Address Map Number: If you do not have Map Point installed you may enter the Map Number from a map book such as the Thomas Guide. This will help you determine where the customer is located when sending service techs out on jobs. This field can also be used for Gate Codes or other pertinent information that you would like to print every time a Service Order or Route Sheet is printed.
- Map Point Button: use the Map Point button to map the customer's address. You may then print the map or directions. MS Map Point is an optional feature that can be integrated with Evosus®.
- Search: displays all addresses available for the customer. Highlight the one you wish to use and click [Select].
- Add: allows you to add a new address for the customer. The address will automatically populate in the window and will be available for future use.
- Copy Bill To: use this button to copy the Bill To address into the Ship To fields.
- Add Item: In the field "Item/Kit/UPC" you can scan barcodes, type in item numbers or search items to add to the Quote. Change the item quantity if needed and click [Add Item].
- Item History: this button shows all the Delivered items, On Order items and a transaction overview for this customer. You may double click an item on the Delivered items tab or On Order items tab to add it to the Quote. This is very helpful when a customer cannot remember what they purchased last time. For example, if a customer needs a filter cartridge, but cannot remember which one, you can look at the Delivered Items and select the cartridge they purchased last time. The Transaction Overview allows you to see the status of all the customer's existing orders.
- Margin Maker: the Margin Maker can be used to maintain a specific margin, obtain a desired margin or ensure extended discounts do not drop the profit below a certain margin.
- Line Order: this button allows you to change the order of items listed on the Quote. Click [Move Up] or [Move Down] to change the order of the items.
- Append Like Items: check this box if you would like to append like items on the Quote. For instance, if you have this box checked and you add five bottles of chlorine onto the Quote all five items will be listed on one line. If you do not have the box checked, the five bottles of chlorine would be listed on five separate lines. You may append certain items and not append others on the same Quote.
- F2-Delete: delete the selected item by clicking F2-Delete, clicking F2 on the keyboard, clicking Delete or by right clicking on the items and selecting Delete Item.
- F3-Edit Items: clicking F3-Edit Items allows you to edit the selected item. You may change the following item attributes:
#2 Item Description: Change the item description if the item was set up to allow an employee to do so. If the description is grayed out, you will not be able to change the description. Go to Edit Items to change this setting.
#3 Discount: Enter an individual discount by percent or dollar amount. You will then select a Discount Reason from the pull down menu.
#4 Comment: Enter comments per line item. If you would like the comment to print under the item on the Quote check the box "Print Comment."
#5 Unit Price: With proper security permissions you can change the override the price of an item. This may be necessary if you have the incorrect price of an item in the system and need to change it from within the Quote. Otherwise you will just discount the item. Changing the unit price from within a Quote will not permanently change the price of the item. The price change only applies to that Quote.
#6 Print Item on Quote/Order: If you do not want the item to print on the Quote, uncheck the box.
#7 Sales Tax: If this particular item (such as labor) has a different sales tax than the rest of the items on the Quote, you can change the sales tax here. You must have proper security permissions.
#8 Commission To: You may change the employee receiving commission for this item by selecting them from the pull down menu.
#9 Unit Cost: With proper security you can view the Unit Cost by clicking [Override Security] and entering the Admin Username and password.
#10 Once you are finished editing the item you can click [Next] to edit the next item on the Quote or click F4-Back to Order to return to the Item Tab.
- F4-Discount Order: clicking Discount Quote will allow you to discount the entire Quote by either a percentage or a flat amount such as $5.00. Enter the "Discount By" type such as dollars or percent and select a Discount Reason from the pull down menu. Click Apply Discount. Clicking Erase this Discount will erase all existing discounts and allow you to start over. Helpful Hint: Max discount amount can be set in Administration>Employees>Update>Security.
- Show Stock Status: view the stock status of each item on the Quote. The top section of the screen lists each item on the order along with the On Hand, Reserved, Available, On Order and the Layaway quantities. The preferred stock site (where the item is generally pulled from) and item status (waiting delivery, closed delivered) are also listed. Highlight an item to view specific stock site details. All stock sites will be listed, including non-primary sites such as service vehicles. On Hand, Reserved, Available, On Order and Layaway quantities are also listed for each stock site.
- Save New Quote: allows you to save the Quote at any time during the creation process.
- The information in the upper right portion of the screen shows you the total Retail Price, Extended price and the Difference between the two. Evosus® also lists the Subtotal, Taxes (if applicable) and Total. If you have the Freight field turned on you may enter the amount of freight you are adding to the Quote. This amount will be added to the balance of the Quote.
- Schedule New Task: click this button to schedule a service task for this Quote.
- Select a Service Type, such as Delivery or Repair, from the pull down menu.
- Mark the status of the task as Confirmed or Tentative. If the job is left as tentative, the task will appear on the service schedule in red. Once a job is confirmed, it will appear in blue.'
- Select the date and time. Type in the date and time or click the [Binoculars Icon] (Dispatch View) to select an available date and time. The dispatch view shows the Tech schedule by Vehicle or Employee for a specific Day. Double click a time to schedule the task. You may also view the Day or Week in calendar format. Double click to schedule the task. The system will notify you if a vehicle or employee is double booked.
- If you promised the time to the customer and you need to be there at the time specified on the schedule check the box. When the route sheet is printed it will show "Promised" beneath the time.
- Select a vehicle from the pull down menu (this is optional).
- The Time Estimate is defaulted for you based on the Service Task or the Service Problem (whichever is longer). You may override this time by typing in a new time or clicking a numbered button on the right.
- Enter any comments for this task. Task Comments show on Route Sheets and Service Schedules (Calendar and List View).
- Assign an employee to the task (this is optional). Only employees allowed to perform service and delivery tasks will be listed. Check off all the employees assigned to the job and click Save.
- View Schedule: click the button to view the tech schedule in Dispatch View. You may sort this screen by vehicle or employee.
Special Instructions and Directions: If there are any special instructions you would like to print on the customer's Quote, go to the Directions tab. Here you can add Special Instructions, Delivery Instructions or Selling Text.
- Special Instructions and Selling Text will print on the customer's Quote.
- Delivery Instructions will print on your in house packing slip.
- Special Instructions used on previous orders for this customer can be found in the pull down menu marked "Click here to use previous Directions for this customer…"
The Attributes Tab is used to record order specific attributes such as Spa Voltage, Financing Discounts, Finance Program, Customer Service Ratings, Delivery Ratings or any other information your company may be interested in. The Sales Transaction Attributes are customizable to your company.
The Attributes Tab is also where you link a Quote to a specific Customer Job. To link this Quote, click the Search button and find select the Customer Job you would like to associate to the Quote.
You may click Save New Quote at any time during this process.
Convert Quote to Sales or Service Order
You must save a Quote before performing the following actions.
#1 Promote to Sale: use this button to promote a Quote into a Sales Order. All information on the Quote will be copied to a Sales Order while the original Quote remains in the Quote queue as Closed-Promoted.
#2 Promote to Service: use this button to promote a Quote into a Service Order. Al information on the Quote will be copied to a Service Order while the original Quote remains in the Quote queue as Closed-Promoted.
#3 Expire: use this button to manually expire the Quote before its designated expiration date. The Quote can still be converted into a Sales or Service Order; it will only be marked as expired.
#4 Show Cost/Profit: view the following information for the entire Quote and all the individual items on the Quote.
Security Permissions Required
Since there are so many permissions related to Customers and Sales orders, please refer to Group Security or Employee Security Setup for more information.
- Quote Register (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Quote Register) - Displays quotes created or promoted in a given date range by employee or store.
- Overall Performance (Administration>Reports>Executive Summary>Overall Performance) - Multiple criteria displayed based on Company, Store, or Employee(s) for a given date range. Gives you the big picture of what's happening with your business in given time frame.
- While You Were Out... (Administration>Reports>Executive Summary>While You Were Out...) - Displays an overview of business (POS Sales, Sales Orders, Service Orders, Quotes and Canceled Orders) during a period of time.
- Quote Closing Ratio (Administration > Reports > Sales > Orders and Invoices > Quote Closing Ratio) - Report on Quotes Created per Store or per Employee and the closing ratios.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback