Use a Customer Sales Order to process sales not entered through the Evosus POS system (Customer > Open a customer > Return Orders tab > Open a return order).
Sales Orders are generally used for items that are not considered to be cash-and-carry (POS); however, it is not uncommon to sell the same item through POS and/or Sales Order. Sales Orders allow you to take payments in the form of a deposit/prepayment on orders that have not yet been delivered. They also allow you to deliver a portion of an order at a time without the need to invoice the sale. Sales Orders are directly tied to Inventory. Orders of items not in stock create a draw on inventory, notifying the purchaser that inventory is needed (and subsequently need to be ordered from the vendor, see implications below) for that order. Dynamic Kits are utilized during the Sales Order process. Dynamic kits allow you to quickly create a complicated order easily and accurately by asking questions directly to your customer that help build the kit to their specific needs without having to enter items from scratch.
- Primary Sales Person: Evosus® defaults the Primary Sales Person to the employee logged in. However, if you have the proper security permissions you may change the Primary Sales Person on an order. You may need to do this is you are entering the order after it was completed and another employee actually made the sale. Changing the Primary Sales Person will change the assignment of the commission.
- Source – Select how the order came to your store whether it was by Store, Fax, Internet, Phone, Service, Store or Maintenance. Field defaults to Store.
- Distribution Method: defaults based on the default associated to the logged in store. If you are updating the distribution method for an order with existing line items and have Store Stock Site Relationships setup by Distribution Method, then Evosus will ask if you want to change the stock site for each line item on the order based on the selected Distribution Method. If you click Yes, Evosus will update the stock site for each line item based on the Distribution Method. If you click No, Evosus will not update existing line items; however, all new line items will use the appropriate stock site based on the selected Distribution Method. Distribution methods are created and maintained in Administration > Inventory > General Setup > Distribution Methods.
- Referring Customer: If the new customer was referred to your store by an existing customer, you may associate that referral to the sales order by selecting that customer from the search screen. The referral will then show on the existing customer's Customer Profile.
- Marketing Tracking ID: when creatives are set up in Marketing, a unique Tracking ID is assigned by Evosus®. You may also enter your own tracking ID. If you list this Tracking ID on a mailer or some other marketing piece, you can track all the sales that are made through the mailer by entering the Tracking ID on the Sales Order, Service Order or Return Order.
- Store (Department): select the store that the revenue and cost of goods sold should be allocated to. For example, you can change the store if the sales order is being entered after it was completed and you are not logged into the store where the transaction actually took place.
- If you have proper security permissions you may change the Store or Department this sale is being applied to.
- Interest: you may need to change the customer's interest if they are not buying based off the interest they originally came in for. Generally the system will prompt you to enter a new interest once you add items onto the order, but if you do not add items to the order that reflect the interest selected, you will need to select a new interest.
- Sales Tax: typically, Sales Tax is defaulted based on the Sales Tax default selected for the logged in store; however, the tax selection will be different if one of the following defaults exist:
#1 If the order was created from a Maintenance Contract and the contract included a Sales Tax override, then that tax will be used over all other tax defaults.
#2 If a Sales Tax Override is selected on the Options menu of the Customer Profile, then Evosus will use that tax over the store default and customer zip code tax default.
#3 If a Sales Tax default exists for the customer's zip code, Evosus will use that tax code if a Sales Tax Override and Maintenance Contract Override do NOT exist for the customer. Changing the Sales Tax on an order with existing line items will update the sales tax for all line items the transaction.
#4 Suggest Button: The Suggest button displays default tax for the customer, default tax for the store and default tax(es) for the zip code. This can help employees determine the appropriate tax for the order.
#5 Offers: offers are created based off the advertising code selected for that customer. If an offer is available it will appear on the Sales Order Profile. If the customer is taking advantage of one of these offers, such as Zero Percent Financing or 10% Off, check off the correct offer. You will still need to manually take they discount off the order. Selecting an offer allows you to record your return on investment and better enable you to market to your customers. You will be able to know what offers your customers are responding to and how much profit you are making off each offer.
#6 Commissions: view, edit and add commission splits for this order. Click Add to add another employee to the transaction. You may split the commission as many ways as you would like as long as the total commission percentages equal 100%. Click Delete to delete an employee's commission from this order.
- Bill To: If the customer has a different bill to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security
- Ship To: If the customer has a different ship to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Ship to Address Map Number: If you do not have Map Point installed you may enter the Map Number from a map book such as the Thomas Guide. This will help you determine where the customer is located when sending service techs out on jobs. This field can also be used for Gate Codes or other pertinent information that you would like to print every time a Service Order or Route Sheet is printed.
- Map Point Button: Use the Map Point button to map the customer's address. You may then print the map or directions. MS Map Point is an optional feature that can be integrated with Evosus®.
- Search: displays all addresses available for the customer. Highlight the one you wish to use and click [Select].
- Add: allows you to add a new address for the customer. The address will automatically populate in the window and will be available for future use.
- Copy Bill To: use this button to copy the Bill To address into the Ship To fields.
- Add Item: In the field "Item/Kit/UPC" you can scan bar codes, type in item numbers or search items to add to the order. Change the item quantity if needed and click [Add Item].
- Item History: This button shows all the Delivered items, On Order items and a transaction overview for this customer. You may double click an item on the Delivered items tab or On Order items tab to add it to the order. This is very helpful when a customer cannot remember what they purchased last time. For example, if a customer needs a filter cartridge, but cannot remember which one, you can look at the Delivered Items and select the cartridge they purchased last time. The Transaction Overview allows you to see the status of all the customer's existing orders.
- Margin Maker: The Margin Maker can be used to maintain a specific margin, obtain a desired margin or ensure extended discounts do not drop the profit below a certain margin.
- Line Order: This button allows you to change the order of items listed on the Sales Order. Click [Move Up] or [Move Down] to change the order of the items.
- Append Like Items: Check this box if you would like to append like items on the order. For instance, if you have this box checked and you add five bottles of chlorine onto the order all five items will be listed on one line. If you do not have the box checked, the five bottles of chlorine would be listed on five separate lines. You may append certain items and not append others on the same order.
- F2-Delete: delete the selected item by clicking [F2-Delete], clicking F2 on the keyboard, clicking Delete or by right clicking on the items and selecting Delete Item.
- F3-Edit Items: clicking [F3-Edit Items] allows you to edit the selected item. You may change the following item attributes:
#2 Unit Price: with proper security permissions you can change the override the price of an item. This may be necessary if you have the incorrect price of an item in the system and need to change it from within the order. Otherwise you will just discount the item. Changing the unit price from within an order will not permanently change the price of the item. The price change only applies to that order.
#3 Discount: enter an individual discount by percent or dollar amount. You will then select a Discount Reason from the pull down menu.
#4 Description: change the item description if the item was set up to allow an employee to do so. If the description is grayed out, you will not be able to change the description. Go to Edit Items to change this setting.
#5 Comment: enter comments per line item. If you would like the comment to print under the item on the order check the box "Print Comment."
#6 Sales Tax: If this particular item (such as labor) has a different sales tax than the rest of the items on the order, you can change the sales tax here. You must have proper security permissions.
#7 Stock Site: you may change the stock site this item will be pulled from by selecting a different stock site from the pull down menu.
#8 Salesperson: you may change the employee receiving commission for this item by selecting them from the pull down menu.
#9 Warranty Item: mark the item as warranty or mark all the items as warranty. Marking the item as warranty changes the price of the item on the order to $0.00 and automatically creates an Return Goods Authorization.
- Print Item on Quote/Order: If you do not want the item to print on the order, uncheck the box. (if you choose to have an item not print, that items price will First try to merge it into labor items. If no labor items exist then tries to merge it into any item besides an item with a Stock Item Type. Finally if nothing but Stock items exist it merges into a Stock Item Type as last option).
- F4-Discount Order: clicking Discount Order will allow you to discount the entire order by either a percentage or a flat amount such as $5.00. Enter the "Discount By" type such as dollars or percent and select a Discount Reason from the pull down menu. Click Apply Discount. Clicking Erase this Discount will erase all existing discounts and allow you to start over. Helpful Hint: Max discount amount can be set in Administration>Employees>Update>Security.
- Show Stock Status: view the stock status of each item on the order. View how many you have On Hand, Reserved, Available and On Order across all locations. The stock site in blue is the location the item will be pulled from for this order.
- Save New Order: allows you to save the order at any time during the creation process.
- The information in the upper right portion of the screen shows you the total Retail Price, Extended price and the Difference between the two. Evosus® also lists the Subtotal, Taxes (if applicable) and Total. If you have the Freight field turned on you may enter the amount of freight you are adding to the order. This amount will be added to the balance of the order.
Serial No Tab
With proper security permissions, you may assign serial numbers to an item from within the Sales Order. If you are selling a serial numbered item go to the Serial No. tab and select the Order Item from the pull down menu. Only items with serial numbers will appear in the pull down. Select a serial number available for that item. Click [Assign] once you have selected an Order Item and Serial Number. If nothing shows up in the Serial Number pull down, there are probably no items available in stock. Helpful Hint: If an item is attached to a customer on a Purchase Order, the serial number will automatically be assigned to the customer once it is received. With proper security you may [Add New Serial Number] on the fly from within the order. This practice is not recommended as it is best to record the serial number as it is received through Purchase Orders.
Use this tab to add new service tasks or view all scheduled service tasks for this order.
- Open the Schedule tab.
- Click Schedule New Task to add a new task for this order.
- Enter the type of service call such as Delivery or Repair. You may use the pull down menu to search or simply start typing.
- The Time Estimate automatically defaults for you based on the selected Service Type. You may override the time estimate by typing in a new time or clicking one of the time buttons next to the Time Estimate field.
- Click Search Schedule to view all available service techs. Evosus® determines which techs are available by whether or not the tech can perform the specified task, can work in the specified Quadrant, can fix the selected problem and has enough time left in their day.
- Task: defaults based on the previously selected service Type. Can be changed by selecting a new Task from the pull down menu.
- Time Estimate: defaults based on the previously selected service Type. Can by changed by typing in a new time or clicking one of the “Hours” buttons.
- Time: defaults to the Evosus® default “Anytime”. You may select a new Time Frame from the pull down menu. Additional Time Frames can be created through Service and Delivery General Setup.
- Quadrant: defaults to the Quadrant specified by the customer’s zip code. If no Quadrant is created for that zip code, the Quadrant will be Unknown. You may select a new Quadrant from the pull down menu.
- Request: defaults based on the problem selected on the Service Order. If not problem was selected, the default is **Does Not Apply**. You may select a new problem from the pull down menu. Problems can be created through Service and Delivery General Setup.
- Manager: defaults to **All Managers** unless the person logged in is a manager, then it will default to the name of the person logged in. If a specific Manager is selected, then Evosus® will only search for technicians that work for the selected manager. You may select a new Manager from the pull down menu. Managers can be created through Service and Delivery General Setup.
- Tech: defaults to **All Techs** although you may select a specific tech to search on. If a specific tech is selected, Evosus® will only search available dates for that tech.
- Search Today: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for today’s date.
- 1 Week Out: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 1 – 8.
- 2 Weeks Out: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 9 – 16.
- 3 Weeks Out: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 17 – 23.
- 4 Weeks Out+: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 24 – 40.
- Days of the Week (Monday – Sunday): adds another filter to the search results. Select Show All Days to view all available days. Click a specific day of the week to view only the techs that are available that day. The days of the week are displayed in blue and/or red. If a day is red, then there are no techs available for that day either because the store is closed or techs are otherwise occupied because of vacations or black out dates.
- Grid: the list of employees shows the following information:
- Date: the calendar date of the available time frame.
- Days Out: the number of days out from today’s date such as 1, 2 or 3 days out.
- Day: which day of the week the job would be completed (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
- Time Frame: the time of day the task would be completed such as Morning, Afternoon, 8am – 10am or 12pm – 2pm.
- Tech: shows the name of the tech available for the selected time frame.
- Percent Full: percentage full the tech is for the day such as 50 or 80. Helps determine whether or not a tech should be assigned a job based on their current workload.
- View Customer History: click to view a brief overview of the customer’s service history. View the last tech to work at the customer’s house as well as the services performed. This can help you decide which tech to schedule for the job.
- View Tech Day: click to view a list of all jobs a tech has scheduled for a given day. This will help you decide which jobs to assign this tech given the type and location of other scheduled jobs. You may also use this button on the Add to Schedule screen for all assigned techs.
- Highlight a tech and click Select Opening to schedule the tech for this job.
- The information selected on the Search Schedule screen will be populated on the Add to Schedule screen. The Vehicle and Service Manger are defaulted based on the selected service tech.
- You may manually change any of the information on the Add to Schedule screen such as the time, Priority, Problem, Manager, Techs, Vehicle, Route and Quadrant.
- Promise Time: check the “Time Promised” box and select a specific time to perform this job. This is used if you made an appointment with the customer. The Time Promised will print on the Route Sheet.
- Click OK to add this task to the schedule and/or work order.
- View Schedule: click the button to view the tech schedule in Dispatch View. You may sort this screen by vehicle or employee.
- Add Notes to Task: click the button to enter notes for the selected task.
You can use the quick text feature on the Special Instructions, Delivery Instructions, and Selling Text fields. Just right click on a field and select the text from the menu that appears.
- Special Instructions will print on the customer's order below "Additional Comments". Special Instructions used on previous orders for this customer can be found in the pull down menu marked "Click here to use previous Directions for this customer…"
- Delivery Instructions print on the Delivery Slip, but not on the order. Delivery instructions generally include information about the customer site.
- Selling Text prints on the Sales Order and is pre-populated if there is selling text associated with a kit on the Sales Order. Selling Text prints below the Balance History, but above "Additional Comments".
- The Interview button allows you to ask the customer a series of questions to help troubleshoot the problem or find out more information about the job. You have the option to select Yes, No, Does not Apply or type your own answer. The interview is based off the selected customer problem. The interview questions and answers can be printed from the Customer Sales Order Tab or Service and Delivery under the Administration Tab.
The Internal tab consists of two different sections: Internal Notes and Sales Transaction Attributes. The Internal Notes are notes that you do not want to print on customer orders. They will never print and can only be seen from within the order or through Order Queues. The Internal Tab is also where you can add Pop Up Alerts for the Order or link a Sales Order to a specific Customer Job or Contract. To link the Sales Order, click the Search button and select the Customer Job or Contract you would like to associate to the order. The Attributes Tab is used to record order specific attributes such as Spa Voltage, Financing Discounts, Finance Program, Customer Service Ratings, Delivery Ratings or any other information your company may be interested in. The Sales Transaction Attributes are customizable to your company. Currently, order attributes can only be seen through the Sales Order.
If the customer is making a deposit at this time go to the Deposits Tab and click Make Deposit. Enter the deposit amount and method. Helpful Hint: A payment is considered a deposit until the order status is changed to Invoice. At that time it will hit Accounts Receivable and be considered a payment.
Security Permissions Required
Since there are so many permissions related to Customers and Sales orders, please refer to Group Security or Employee Security Setup for more information.
|Deposit||Cash on Hand||Customer Deposits|
There will be a draw on inventory for all items on the order that are not in stock. This will create a reorder alert for the purchaser who can then add the necessary items onto a Purchase Order. The items can then be associated to the customer so their name will show on the Purchase Order, associate serial numbers once received, and create a screen on the Customer Profile showing the status of the item on PO.
- Sales Discounts (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Sales Discounts) - View discounts given by employees and the reason the discounts were given.
- Order Profit Register (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Order Profit Register) - Analyze your orders by profit for the given filter parameters. Similar to the Sales Register, but gives you COGs and Profit data.
- Order Register (Administration>Reports>Sale>Orders and Invoices>Sales Register) - List Sales, Service, and Return transactions in any status for any period of time.
- Average Sales (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Average Sales) - Report on average sales order prices per employee or per store.
- Canceled Order Report (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Canceled Order Report) - List of all canceled orders and the reason they were canceled.
- Open Order Report (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Open Order Report) - List of all Orders (Sales and Service) that are in an Open status. There may or may not be a balance due.
- Sales Tax Exempt Log (Administration>Reports>Accounting>Accounts Payable>Sales Tax Exempt Log) -Report on Invoices where Sales Exempt Data was entered on the invoice.
- Customer Deposit Liability (Administration>Reports>Accounting>Accounts Receivable>Customer Deposit Liability) -Report displays open deposits as of a specific date. Report can be ran as of a back date and used to tie out the deposit liability general ledger account.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback