Use a Customer Service Order to process a service request (Customer > Open a customer > Return Orders tab > Open a return order).
Service orders are generally not used for big ticket item sales, rather Sales Orders are used and delivery is scheduled through the Sales Order. Any corresponding repairs needed for that item will be written up through a Service Order. Service Orders allow you to record the main item to be repaired, the problem with the item, special instructions for the service tech, any items to be delivered during the service call, and schedule the service task. Service Orders allow you not only to deliver a portion of an order at a time, but also to receive payments on items that have not yet been delivered. Service orders are also directly tied to Purchase Orders since they create a draw on inventory, thus notifying the purchaser that inventory is needed for that order. Service Orders also look and feel much like a Sales Order and Quote, with the exception of a couple tabs. This helps with training and allows employees to become familiar with the system quickly and easily.
- Primary Sales Person: Evosus defaults the Primary Sales Person to the employee logged in. However, if you have the proper security permissions you may change the Primary Sales Person on an order. You may need to do this is you are entering the order after it was completed and another employee actually made the sale. Changing the Primary Sales Person will change the assignment of the commission.
- Source: select how the order came to your store whether it was by Store, Fax, Internet, Phone, Service, Store or Maintenance. Field defaults to Store.
- Distribution Method: the Distribution Method is defaulted based on the default associated to the logged in store; however, you can select a different Distribution Method if needed. If you are updating the Distribution Method for an order with existing line items and have Store Stock Site Relationships setup by Distribution Method, then Evosus will ask if you want to change the stock site for each line item on the order based on the selected Distribution Method. If you click Yes, Evosus will update the stock site for each line item based on the Distribution Method. If you click No, Evosus will not update existing line items; however, all new line items will use the appropriate stock site based on the selected Distribution Method. Please note that Distribution Methods are customizable.
- Referring Customer: If the new customer was referred to your store by an existing customer, you may associate that referral to the Service Order by selecting that customer from the search screen. The referral will then show on the existing customer's Customer Profile.
- Marketing Tracking ID: when creatives are set up in Marketing, a unique Tracking ID is assigned by Evosus. You may also enter your own tracking ID. If you list this Tracking ID on a mailer or some other marketing piece, you can track all the sales that are made through the mailer by entering the Tracking ID on the Sales Order, Service Order or Return Order.
- Store (Department): select the store that the revenue and cost of goods sold should be allocated to. For example, you can change the store if the service order is being entered after it was completed and you are not logged into the store where the transaction actually took place. This field enabled if you have the proper permissions.
- Interest: you may need to change the customer's interest if they are not buying based off the interest they originally came in for. Generally the system will prompt you to enter a new interest once you add items onto the order, but if you do not add items to the order that reflect the interest selected, you will need to select a new interest.
- Sales Tax: typically, Sales Tax is defaulted based on the Sales Tax default selected for the logged in store; however, the tax selection will be different if one of the following defaults exist:
#1 If the order was created from a Maintenance Contract and the contract included a Sales Tax override, then that tax will be used over all other tax defaults.
#2 If a Sales Tax Override is selected on the Options menu of the Customer Profile, then Evosus will use that tax over the store default and customer zip code tax default.
#3 If a Sales Tax default exists for the customer's zip code, Evosus will use that tax code if a Sales Tax Override and Maintenance Contract Override do NOT exist for the customer.
#4 Changing the Sales Tax on an order with existing line items will update the sales tax for all line items the transaction.
#5 The Suggest button displays default tax for the customer, default tax for the store and default tax(es) for the zip code. This can help employees determine the appropriate tax for the order.
- Offers: offers are created based off the advertising code selected for that customer. If an offer is available it will appear on the Service Order Profile. If the customer is taking advantage of one of these offers, such as Zero Percent Financing or 10% Off, check off the correct offer. You will still need to manually take they discount off the order. Selecting an offer allows you to record your return on investment and better enable you to market to your customers. You will be able to know what offers your customers are responding to and how much profit you are making off each offer.
- Commissions: view, edit and add commission splits for this order. Click Add to add another employee to the transaction. You may split the commission as many ways as you would like as long as the total commission percentages equal 100%. Click Delete to delete an employee's commission from this order.
- Bill To: If the customer has a different bill to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Ship To: If the customer has a different ship to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Ship to Address Map Number: If you do not have Map Point installed you may enter the Map Number from a map book such as the Thomas Guide. This will help you determine where the customer is located when sending service techs out on jobs. This field can also be used for Gate Codes or other pertinent information that you would like to print every time a Service Order or Route Sheet is printed.
- Map Point Button: use the Map Point button to map the customer's address. You may then print the map or directions. MS Map Point is an optional feature that can be integrated with Evosus®
- Search: displays all addresses available for the customer. Highlight the one you wish to use and click [Select].
- Add: allows you to add a new address for the customer. The address will automatically populate in the window and will be available for future use.
- Copy Bill To: use this button to copy the Bill To address into the Ship To fields.
The Service Tab allows you to enter the main item you are repairing and the problem with that item. It also enables you to interview the customer and ask informational and troubleshooting questions.
- Add Equipment (Optional): A list of all previously sold or entered equipment will be listed (these are generally serial numbered items, but a serial number is not required for an item to be added). Check off the items pertaining to this order. This information will print on the Service Order for easy reference. NOTE: If any of these items have an active warranty, Evosus will display "Warranties Exist" next to the item. Red text will also display on the Equipment Tab indicating Active Warranties Exist.
- Update (Optional): update any of the items you associated to the order. Change the Serial Number, Make, Model, Item Code, Manufacturer and related customer address.
- Equipment History (Optional): Click Equipment History to view all sales and service information related to the equipment listed on the Equipment Tab. This report can be printed, emailed or saved as a PDF.
- Select a problem from the pull down menu. Predefined Problems will appear on the Service Order, Route Sheet, Service Schedule (Calendar and List) and Service Order search queues on the Employee Tab. Note: Service Problems are customizable and defined by your company.
- Additional Information (Optional): enter any additional information in the space provided below the problem field. Up to four lines of text will print on the Service Order. The written text appears only on the Service order
Interview Tab (Optional)
- Start Interview: Click Start Interview to begin asking the customer questions about the problem they are having.
- Select an Interview by checking the box next to the interview that corresponds to the problem you selected and click Next. For example, if you chose the problem of "Heater Won't Work" your interview might be "Heater won't Work" or "Spa Not Heating." Interviews Questions are customizable and defined by your company.
- You will go through a series of questions where you can choose Yes, No, or Does Not Apply. Selecting one of these options will take you to the next screen. If necessary, you may also type something into the Answer field and click Next. You may also Cancel and Exit at any time through the interview. Click Previous to return to the last answered question. You may then edit your responses.
- Read over the questions and answers and click Confirm once you are satisfied everything is correct. You may also Start Over or Cancel the entire process.
- Once an interview is saved it can be printed as a separate document. The service manager or service tech can then use the document to troubleshoot or determine how many technicians are required for a job.
- Previous Special Instructions/Directions (Optional): select applicable directions previously used for this customer. Previous directions might include gate codes and customer requests.
- Additional Special Instructions (Optional): enter any additional instructions. These could include additional problem description or special instructions to the tech from the homeowner.
Schedule Service (Optional): click Schedule Service to schedule this job.
- Enter the type of service call such as Warehouse Delivery. You may use the pull down menu to search or simply start typing.
- The Time Estimate automatically defaults for you based on the selected Service Type. You may override the time estimate by typing in a new time or clicking one of the time buttons next to the Time Estimate field.
- Click Search Schedule to view all available service techs. Evosus® determines which techs are available by whether or not the tech can perform the specified task, can work in the specified Quadrant, can fix the selected problem and has enough time left in their day.
- Task: defaults based on the previously selected service Type. Can be changed by selecting a new Task from the pull down menu.
- Time Estimate: defaults based on the previously selected service Type. Can by changed by typing in a new time or clicking one of the “Hours” buttons.
- Time: defaults to the Evosus® default “Anytime”. You may select a new Time Frame from the pull down menu. Additional Time Frames can be created through Service and Delivery General Setup.
- Quadrant: defaults to the Quadrant specified by the customer’s zip code. If no Quadrant is created for that zip code, the Quadrant will be Unknown. You may select a new Quadrant from the pull down menu.
- Problem: defaults based on the problem selected on the Service Order. If not problem was selected, the default is **Does Not Apply**. You may select a new problem from the pull down menu. Problems can be created through Service and Delivery General Setup.
- Manager: defaults to **All Managers** unless the person logged in is a manager, then it will default to the name of the person logged in. If a specific Manager is selected, then Evosus® will only search for technicians that work for the selected manager. You may select a new Manager from the pull down menu. Managers can be created through Service and Delivery General Setup.
- Tech: defaults to **All Techs** although you may select a specific tech to search on. If a specific tech is selected, Evosus® will only search available dates for that tech.
- Search Today: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for today’s date.
- 1 Week Out: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 1 – 8.
- 2 Weeks Out: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 9 – 16.
- 3 Weeks Out: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 17 – 23.
- 4 Weeks Out+: searches for all available techs (based on the above selected criteria) for days 24 – 40.
- Days of the Week (Monday – Sunday): adds another filter to the search results. Select Show All Days to view all available days. Click a specific day of the week to view only the techs that are available that day. The days of the week are displayed in blue and/or red. If a day is red, then there are no techs available for that day either because the store is closed or techs are otherwise occupied because of vacations or black out dates.- The list of employees shows the following information:
#1 Date – The calendar date of the available time frame.
#2 Days Out – The number of days out from today’s date such as 1, 2 or 3 days out.
#3 Day – Which day of the week the job would be completed (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
#4 Time Frame – The time of day the task would be completed such as Morning, Afternoon, 8am – 10am or 12pm – 2pm.
#5 Tech – Shows the name of the tech available for the selected time frame.
#6 Percent Full - Percentage full the tech is for the day such as 50 or 80. Helps determine whether or not a tech should be assigned a job based on their current workload.
#7 [View Customer History] – Click to view a brief overview of the customer’s service history. View the last tech to work at the customer’s house as well as the services performed. This can help you decide which tech to schedule for the job.
#8 [View Tech Day] – Click to view a list of all jobs a tech has scheduled for a given day. This will help you decide which jobs to assign this tech given the type and location of other scheduled jobs. You may also use this button on the Add to Schedule screen for all assigned techs.
#9 Highlight a tech and click [Select Opening] to schedule the tech for this job.
- The information selected on the Search Schedule screen will be populated on the Add to Schedule screen. The Vehicle and Service Manager are defaulted based on the selected service tech.
- You may manually change any of the information on the Add to Schedule screen such as the time, Priority, Problem, Manager, Techs, Vehicle, Route and Quadrant.
- Promise Time – Check the “Time Promised” box and select a specific time to perform this job. This is used if you made an appointment with the customer or a specific time the tech needs to be at the store or job. The Time Promised will print on the Route Sheet.
- Click OK to add this task to the schedule and/or work order.
- Once you have saved the task you will be sent to the main Schedule Tab within the Service Order. You can then schedule another task by clicking Schedule New Task or click View Schedule to view the updated service schedule. Click Print Tasks to print a list of the scheduled tasksAt this point you have the option to go to the Items tab and add items onto the order, go to the Directions tab and enter more Special Instructions, Delivery Instructions, or Selling Text, or go to the payments tab and receive a payment. If you do not need to perform any of the above actions, click [Save New Order]. The Service Order will appear in a print screen for you to print, email, export to Excel or save in PDF format.
- Add Item: in the field "Item/Kit/UPC" you can scan bar codes, type in item numbers or search items to add to the order. Change the item quantity if needed and click [Add Item].
- Item History: this button shows all the Delivered items, On Order items and a transaction overview for this customer. You may double click an item on the Delivered items tab or On Order items tab to add it to the order. This is very helpful when a customer cannot remember what they purchased last time. For example, if a customer needs a filter cartridge, but cannot remember which one, you can look at the Delivered Items and select the cartridge they purchased last time. The Transaction Overview allows you to see the status of all the customer's existing orders.
- Margin Maker: the Margin Maker can be used to maintain a specific margin, obtain a desired margin or ensure extended discounts do not drop the profit below a certain margin.
- Line Order: this button allows you to change the order of items listed on the Service Order. Click [Move Up] or [Move Down] to change the order of the items.
- Append Like Items: check this box if you would like to append like items on the order. For instance, if you have this box checked and you add five bottles of chlorine onto the order all five items will be listed on one line. If you do not have the box checked, the five bottles of chlorine would be listed on five separate lines. You may append certain items and not append others on the same order.
- F2-Delete: delete the selected item by clicking F2-Delete, clicking F2 on the keyboard, clicking Delete or by right clicking on the items and selecting Delete Item.
- F3-Edit Items: clicking F3-Edit Items allows you to edit the selected item.
- You may change the following item attributes:
#2 Warranty Item: Mark the item as warranty or mark all the items as warranty. Marking the item as warranty changes the price of the item on the order to $0.00 and automatically creates a Return Goods Authorization.
#3 Item Description: Change the item description if the item was set up to allow an employee to do so. If the description is grayed out, you will not be able to change the description. Go to Edit Items to change this setting.
#4 Discount: Enter an individual discount by percent or dollar amount. You will then select a Discount Reason from the pull down menu.
#5 Comment: Enter comments per line item. If you would like the comment to print under the item on the order check the box "Print Comment."
#6 Unit Price: With proper security permissions you can change the override the price of an item. This may be necessary if you have the incorrect price of an item in the system and need to change it from within the order. Otherwise you will just discount the item. Changing the unit price from within an order will not permanently change the price of the item. The price change only applies to that order.
#7 Print Item on Quote/Order: If you do not want the item to print on the order, uncheck the box. (if you choose to have an item not print, that items price will First try to merge it into labor items. If no labor items exist then tries to merge it into any item besides an item with a Stock Item Type. Finally if nothing but Stock items exist it merges into a Stock Item Type as last option).
#8 Sales Tax: If this particular item (such as labor) has a different sales tax than the rest of the items on the order, you can change the sales tax here. You must have proper security permissions.
#9 Commission To: You may change the employee receiving commission for this item by selecting them from the pull down menu.
#10 Stock Site: You may change the stock site this item will be pulled from by selecting a different stock site from the pull down menu.
#11 Unit Cost: With proper security you can view the Unit Cost by clicking Override Security and entering the Admin Username and password. Once you are finished editing the item you can click Next to edit the next item on the order or click F4-Back To Order to return to the Item Tab.
- F4-Discount Order: clicking Discount Order will allow you to discount the entire order by either a percentage or a flat amount such as $5.00. Enter the "Discount By" type such as dollars or percent and select a Discount Reason from the pull down menu. Click Apply Discount. Clicking Erase this Discount will erase all existing discounts and allow you to start over. Helpful Hint: Max discount amount can be set in Administration > Employees > Update > Security.
- Show Stock Status: view the stock status of each item on the order. View how many you have On Hand, Reserved, Available and On Order across all locations. The stock site in blue is the location the item will be pulled from for this order.
- Save New Order: allows you to save the order at any time during the creation process.
- The information in the upper right portion of the screen shows you the total Retail Price, Extended price and the Difference between the two. Evosus® also lists the Subtotal, Taxes (if applicable) and Total. If you have the Freight field turned on you may enter the amount of freight you are adding to the order. This amount will be added to the balance of the order.
- Special Instructions will print on the customer's order below "Additional Comments". Special Instructions used on previous orders for this customer can be found in the pull down menu marked "Click here to use previous Directions for this customer…"
- Delivery Instructions print on the Delivery Slip, but not on the order. Delivery instructions generally include information about the customer site.
- Selling Text prints on the Sales Order and is pre-populated if there is selling text associated with a kit on the Sales Order. Selling Text prints below the Balance History, but above "Additional Comments".
- The Interview button allows you to ask the customer a series of questions to help troubleshoot the problem or find out more information about the job. You have the option to select Yes, No, Does not Apply or type your own answer. The interview is based off the selected customer problem. The interview questions and answers can be printed from the Customer Sales Order Tab or Service and Delivery under the Administration Tab.
The Internal Tab consists of two different sections: Internal Notes and Sales Transaction Attributes. The Internal Notes are notes that you do not want to print on customer orders. They will never print and can only be seen from within the order or through Order Queues. The Internal Tab is also where you can add Pop Up Alerts for the Order or link a Sales Order to a specific Customer Job or Contract. To link the Sales Order, click the Search button and select the Customer Job or Contract you would like to associate to the order.
The Attributes Tab is used to record order specific attributes such as Spa Voltage, Financing Discounts, Finance Program, Customer Service Ratings, Delivery Ratings or any other information your company may be interested in. The Sales Transaction Attributes are customizable to your company. Currently, order attributes can only be seen through the Sales Order.
If the customer is making a deposit at this time go to the Deposits Tab and click [Make Deposit]. Enter the deposit amount and method. Helpful Hint: A payment is considered a deposit until the order status is changed to Invoice. At that time it will hit Accounts Receivable and be considered a payment.
Security Permissions Required
Since there are so many permissions related to Customers and Service orders, please refer to Group Security or Employee Security Setup for more information.
|Deposits||Cash on Hand (Merchant Clearing)||Customer Deposits|
- Daily Employee Task Schedule (Administration>Reports>Service and Delivery>Daily Employee Task Schedule) - Displays an Employee's Confirmed and Scheduled Service/Delivery Tasks for a day.
- Service History/Equipment History (Administration>Reports>Service and Delivery>Service History) - Displays history of a specific serial numbered item starting with the sale of the item and each subsequent service call.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback