Return Orders are generally used to return serial numbered items or perform returns for service. You can also associate sales or service invoices to the return order.
This article describes all of the tabs on the Return Order screen (Customer > Open a customer > Return Orders tab > Open a return order).
- Quote Date: does not apply to Return Orders
- Order Date: displays the date the Return Order was created.
- Primary Sales Person: Evosus® defaults the Primary Sales Person to the employee logged in. However, if you have the proper security permissions you may change the Primary Sales Person on an order. You may need to do this as you are entering the order after it was completed and another employee actually made the sale. Changing the Primary Sales Person will change the assignment of the commission.
- Source: select how the order came to your store whether it was by Store, Fax, Internet, Phone, Service, Store or Maintenance. Field defaults to Store.
- Distribution Method: the Distribution Method is defaulted based on the default associated to the logged in store. However, you can select a different Distribution Method if needed. If you are updating the Distribution Method for an order with existing line items and have Store Stock Site Relationships setup by Distribution Method, then Evosus will ask if you want to change the stock site for each line item on the order based on the selected Distribution Method. If you click Yes, Evosus will update the stock site for each line item based on the Distribution Method. If you click No, Evosus will not update existing line items; however, all new line items will use the appropriate stock site based on the selected Distribution Method. Please note that Distribution Methods are customizable.
- Referring Customer: If the new customer was referred to your store by an existing customer, you may associate that referral to the sales order by selecting that customer from the search screen. The referral will then show on the existing customer's Customer Profile.
- Marketing Tracking ID: when creatives are set up in Marketing, a unique Tracking ID is assigned by Evosus®. You may also enter your own tracking ID. If you list this Tracking ID on a mailer or some other marketing piece, you can track all the sales that are made through the mailer by entering the Tracking ID on the Sales Order, Service Order or Return Order.
- PO Number: the PO Number field can be used for distributors that receive PO Numbers from their dealers or for retail dealers that receive PO Numbers from commercial complexes or property management groups. This number will print on the Return Order and will display in the Return Orders queue.
- Store (Department): If you have proper security permissions you may change the Store or Department this sale is being applied to. You may need to do this if an order is being entered after it was completed and you are logged into a different store than where the transaction actually took place.
- Interest: you may need to change the customer's interest if they are not buying based off the interest they originally came in for. Generally the system will prompt you to enter a new interest once you add items onto the order, but if you do not add items to the order that reflect the interest selected, you will need to select a new interest.- Sales Tax: typically, Sales Tax is defaulted based on the Sales Tax default selected for the logged in store.
However, the tax selection will be different if one of the following defaults exist:
#1 If the order was created from a Maintenance Contract and the contract included a Sales Tax override, then that tax will be used over all other tax defaults.
#2 If a Sales Tax Override is selected on the Options menu of the Customer Profile, then Evosus will use that tax over the store default and customer zip code tax default.
#3 If a Sales Tax default exists for the customer's zip code, Evosus will use that tax code if a Sales Tax Override and Maintenance Contract Override do NOT exist for the customer.Changing the Sales Tax on an order with existing line items will update the sales tax for all line items the transaction.
- Suggest Button: the Suggest button displays default tax for the customer, default tax for the store and default tax(es) for the zip code. This can help employees determine the appropriate tax for the order.
- Offers: offers are created based off the advertising code selected for that customer. If an offer is available it will appear on the Sales Order Profile. If the customer is taking advantage of one of these offers, such as Zero Percent Financing or 10% Off, check the correct offer. You will still need to manually take they discount off the order. Selecting an offer allows you to record your return on investment and better enable you to market to your customers. You will be able to know what offers your customers are responding to and how much profit you are making off each offer.
- Commissions: view, edit and add commission splits for this order. Click Add to add another employee to the transaction. You may split the commission as many ways as you would like as long as the total commission percentages equal 100%. Click Delete to delete an employee's commission from this order.
- Bill To: If the customer has a different bill to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Ship To: If the customer has a different ship to address, you can change or update it here. If the customer has other addresses used on previous Sales Orders, you may select the correct address from the Address Options pull down menu. You cannot save the customer without an address or phone number if you do not have proper security.
- Map Point Button: use the Map Point button to map the customer's address. You may then print the map or directions. MS Map Point is an optional feature that can be integrated with Evosus®.
- Ship to Address Map Number: If you do not have Map Point installed you may enter the Map Number from a map book such as the Thomas Guide. This will help you determine where the customer is located when sending service techs out on jobs. This field can also be used for Gate Codes or other pertinent information that you would like to print every time a Service Order or Route Sheet is printed.
- Search: displays all addresses available for the customer. Highlight the one you wish to use and click [Select].
- Add: allows you to add a new address for the customer. The address will automatically populate in the window and will be available for future use.
- Copy Bill To: use this button to copy the Bill To address into the Ship To fields.
The Parent Tab allows you to link this return to the original sales or service order the item was sold on. Once you have linked the return you can open the original order and a message will appear telling you an item on the order has been returned. Note: use the Date Filters across the top if the item you're looking for is not listed.
To link an order:
Step 1: Check the item you wish to place on the return order.
Step 2: Evosus® will ask if you would like to add the selected quantity onto the return order. Clicking [No] will not add the item onto the order. Clicking [Yes] will automatically add the entire quantity onto the Return Order.Step 3: If the primary sales person on the item is not the same as the sales person on the return order, Evosus will ask if you want to change the primary sales person on the return order. Click Yes to change both the line item commissionable employee and the primary sales person on the order. Click No if you want to leave the current primary sales person on the order and line item.
- If you are returning more than one item with different sales people, then say yes to the message each time. The line item commissionable employee will match the original sales person for the item and will display on the Line Item Commission Register.
- Selected items will be added to the Items Tab for the price they were sold at. For example, if an item is sold at a discount of $5.00 that discount will be reflected on the Return Order. You will not need to see the customer's receipt to return the item. You will know exactly what they bought and how much they paid without searching for the original transaction.
The Items Tab can be used to add items onto the order that were not on a previous sales or service order. This situation is most common after Go Live if previous transactions were not entered into Evosus® or if the original transaction was more than 4 months old. Please refer to the Items Tab section of a Sales Order to view how to add or edit items on the Items Tab.
- All items added to a Return Order will have a negative balance. Exchanges cannot be done through the Main Menu, but rather through POS. To perform an Exchange through the Main Menu, you must first do a Return Order and then create a Sales Order for the new items.
- To change the quantity of items being returned, click Edit Items and enter the amount returned in the Quantity field. Click F4 – Back to Order.
- Select a Return Reason from the pull down menu.
- Click Discount Order if you need to reduce the amount you are discounting to the customer. This can be used if you charge the customer a restocking fee. Your discount reason would be "Restocking Fee."
Serial Number Tab
If the item being returned is a serial numbered item, you will need to assign the appropriate serial number to the order.
- Select the Order Item from the pull down menu. Only serial numbered items listed on the Return Order will appear in this menu.
- Select the Serial Number from the pull down menu. All serial numbers for that item with a status of "At Customer" will appear in the menu.
- Click Assign.
As with a Sales or Service Order you can schedule a task for a Return Order. If you are going to pick the item up from the customer's house, you will want to schedule a task.
Schedule New Task – Click this button to schedule a service task for this Sales Order. Deliveries are generally scheduled from the Sales Order.
- Enter the type of service call such as Warehouse Delivery. You may use the pull down menu to search or simply start typing.
- The Time Estimate automatically defaults for you based on the selected Service Type. You may override the time estimate by typing in a new time or clicking one of the time buttons next to the Time Estimate field.
- Click Search Schedule to view all available service techs. NOTE: Evosus® determines which techs are available by whether or not the tech can perform the specified task, can work in the specified Quadrant, can fix the selected problem and has enough time left in their day. Click HERE for details on using the Search Schedule screen.
- The information selected on the Search Schedule screen will be populated on the Add to Schedule screen. The Vehicle and Service Manager are defaulted based on the selected service tech.
- You may manually change any of the information on the Add to Schedule screen such as the time, Priority, Problem, Manager, Techs, Vehicle, Route and Quadrant.
- Promise Time: Check the “Time Promised” box and select a specific time to perform this job. This is used if you made an appointment with the customer or a specific time the tech needs to be at the store or job. The Time Promised will print on the Route Sheet.
- Click OK to add this task to the schedule and/or work order.
- View Schedule: Click the button to view the tech schedule in Dispatch View. You may sort this screen by vehicle or employee.
- Add Notes to Task: Click the button to enter notes for the selected task. These notes will print on the Sales Invoice.
- Special Instructions will print on the customer's order below "Additional Comments". Special Instructions used on previous orders for this customer can be found in the pull down menu marked "Click here to use previous Directions for this customer…"
- Delivery Instructions print on the Delivery Slip, but not on the order. Delivery instructions generally include information about the customer site.
- Selling Text prints on the Sales Order and is pre-populated if there is selling text associated with a kit on the Sales Order. Selling Text prints below the Balance History, but above "Additional Comments".
- The Interview button allows you to ask the customer a series of questions to help troubleshoot the problem or find out more information about the job. You have the option to select Yes, No, Does not Apply, or type your own answer. The interview is based off the selected customer problem. The interview questions and answers can be printed from the Customer Sales Order Tab or Service and Delivery under the Administration Tab.
The Internal Tab consists of two different sections: Internal Notes and Sales Transaction Attributes.The Internal Notes are notes that you do not want to print on customer orders.They will never print and can only be seen from within the order or through Order Queues. The Internal tab is also where you can add Pop Up Alerts for the Order or link a Sales Order to a specific Customer Job or Contract. To link the Return Order, click the Search button and select the Customer Job or Contract you would like to associate to the order.
The Attributes Tab is used to record order specific attributes such as Spa Voltage, Financing Discounts, Finance Program, Customer Service Ratings, Delivery Ratings or any other information your company may be interested in. The Sales Transaction Attributes are customizable to your company. Currently, order attributes can only be seen through the Return Order.
Click Save New Order at any time during this process to save the Return Order.
Security Permissions Required
Since there are so many permissions related to Customers and Sales orders, please refer to Group Security or Employee Security Setup for more information.
Payments can not be applied to a Return Order until the order has been invoiced. Once the order is invoiced it will appear on the AR Aging.
- Stock Movement (Administration>Reports>Inventory>Items>Stock Movement) - Analyze the Stock Adjustments and Transfers made for a given period of time. Transactions may have been initiated by Sales, Returns, Service Orders, Physical Counts, or manual stock adjustments and transfers.
- Open Order Report (Administration>Reports>Sales>Orders and Invoices>Open Order Report) - List of all Orders/Invoices (Sales and Service) that are in an Open status. There may or may not be a balance due.
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback