Once the physical count is complete, you need to update the quantities in Evosus. Adjustments can be entered manually using the transaction number on the printed count list, imported from one or more P360 memory scanners, or a combination of methods. The instructions below are specific to a count performed using P360 memory scanners.
Update Manual Physical Count:
Step 1: Open the Physical Counts Search screen (Administration > Inventory > Utilities > Physical Count).
Step 2: Highlight the Physical Count and click Update.
Step 3: Select the Imports menu option.
Step 4: Click Add Import from Scanner or Spreadsheet.
- Check the box "On Match-Add to Adjustment Quantity" if you want Evosus to COMBINE like items for each new scanner import.
- Uncheck the box if you want each new scanner import to completely OVERRIDE any previous imports for this count.
Step 5: Enter a name for the import. - The name is simply used to differentiate each import if you're importing multiple scanner counts. Suggestions might be the bin or section that is counted or the employee's name that performed the count.
Step 6: To start the data retrieval, press <Func> 2 on the scanner and note the record count. Press <Enter> to clear display.
Step 7: Press <Func> 1 and place the scan gun in the cradle. This will initiate the transfer. Listen for a beep.
Step 8: After the beep, look at the display on the scan gun. If the initial download fails, follow the instructions on the scanner display to continue.
- Do NOT erase the file on the scan gun until the entire physical count process is complete.
- All scanned items should appear on the screen. You may have to click [OK] above the instructions on the screen to see the items.
Step 9: Once the items appear, click [Go to Step 2].
- The item count for the scan will be listed on the screen including the total number of items not found in Evosus.
- Items not found mean the UPC in Evosus does not match the UPC of the scanned item.
Step 10: To immediately add a second scan count, click Add Scan.
Repeat Steps 4 - 11 for each new scanner import.
Step 11: Once all counts have been imported, click Continue.
- A list of all imported counts will be displayed on the Imports menu option including scan date and line count.
- To add additional scanner imports throughout the count process, simply click [Add Import from Scanner or Spreadsheet] and follow steps 3 - 11 above.
- All items with count quantity that differed from Evosus On Hand quantity will be listed on the Exceptions menu option. You may print this list at any time throughout the count process. A significant quantity difference should be investigated and updated accordingly.
Manually Adjust Quantities:
If you're combining a paper count with a scanner import count or simply need to make adjustments to scanner import entries, you can enter adjustments via the Adjust Quantities menu option.
Step 1: Enter the Transaction Number in the field provided. The transaction number can be obtained from the printed count list for manual counts or the Exceptions menu for scanned items.
Step 2: Hit the Tab key on the keyboard to move to the next field. Once you hit Tab the Item Details will appear in the box to the right. Information such as Product Line, Item Code, Item Quantity and Quantity On Hand will appear. Use this information to verify transaction numbers and quantities.
Step 3: Enter the "Change to Quantity" in the field provided. If the Actual Count has been changed before, either through manual adjustments or a scanner import, a blue message will appear indicating the count was previously changed and the Add Quantity to Current Actual Count check box will be available.
- Check this box if you wish to ADD the new quantity to existing count amounts. Uncheck this box if you want the new quantity to OVERRIDE any existing count amount. After entering a quantity and tabbing off the field, text will appear below the Save Adjustment button which displays the NEW count figure based on the value of the check box (checked or unchecked) and the quantity entered.
- It is recommended to check the box if you are combining a manual paper count and P360 scanner count. This will add the manual count quantities to the scanner import quantities for like items. It is recommended to uncheck the box if you are editing previously entered manual adjustments or scanner imports. This will override the current actual count for manual and scanner import counts for that item.
Step 4: Click [Save Adjustment] (or hit <Enter> on the keyboard).
Repeat Steps 1 - 4 until all adjustments have been entered.
Completing the Physical Count
Step 1: Once you have completed all adjustments, go to the Trxs Since Start menu option to review any inventory activity that occurred during the count process. Trxs Since lists all counted items where inventory transactions have taken place since the start of the count.
Step 2: If items are listed, check all items that you wish to include in the count. You will have two options for dealing with the remaining unchecked items.
- Exclude all unchecked items from the count” which means all unchecked items will be excluded from the final count and no physical count adjustments will be made.
- Roll unchecked items into New Physical Count” which means all unchecked items will be excluded from the final count and no adjustments will be made; however, a new physical count including ONLY the unchecked items will be created. This allows you to continue working with the items after the physical count is posted.
Step 3: Once you’re done, go to the Complete Tab and click [Post Quantity Adjustments].
- All quantity adjustments will be made to inventory.
Print Physical Count Overview Report
Step 1: Go to the Reports menu option.
Step 2: Highlight the Physical Count you wish to review and click [Print Overview Report].
Step 3: The Physical Count Overview Report shows all exceptions including the cost of each item. The total cost of items gained or lost will be displayed as well as a valuation amount before and after the count.
- The Valuation Before, Valuation After and Difference numbers reflect the costing method selected in Accounting Defaults (LIFO, FIFO, Average) and will match what is posted to the General Ledger. The Difference number will not always match the Items Gained and Items Lost.
Security Permissions Required
|Physical Count||Inventory||Inventory Adjustments OR Physical Count Adjustments|
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback