You can use the Maintenance Contracts feature to offer your customers an auto-ship program to ensure that they are purchasing new cartridges or replacement product regularly.
Maintenance Contracts are comprised of two major components:
#1 Scheduled tasks
#2 Sales or service orders
You create a new contract (or use an existing contract marked as Remember Me for future use), add scheduled tasks for when you want the task to appear on the schedule, add the cartridge under the Order Items screen so the item will automatically be added to the Maintenance Contract Sales Orders. Evosus will automatically add the task(s) to the schedule as well as auto-create the orders. You can even mass invoice those orders as well as use auto pay if you have the customer’s card on file (highly recommended for this type of program).
Step by Step:
Step 1: Setup a Service Category called Auto-Ship under Administration>Service & Delivery>General Setup>Task Categories
Step 2: Setup a Service Type called "Silk Balance" under Administration>Service & Delivery>General Setup>Task Types
Step 3: Setup a Contract Type called Auto-Ship: Silk Balance
Step 4: Optional: As part of the setup, you may want to consider setting up a "Remember Me" Contract for Silk Balance so that salespeople can quickly create a contract with minimal setup required. To do this, simply create a "dummy" customer to use and set-up the contract as instructed below. On the profile tab of the contract, check the "Remember Me" box and when prompted name the Contract "Auto-Ship: Silk Balance."
Creating the Contract
Before creating the contract, check to ensure the customer has a default card on file so you will be able to auto-process payment for their auto-ship contract.
Step 1: In the customer's account, go to Contracts and click Add
Step 2: Select the Auto-Ship: Silk Balance Contract Type
Step 3: The contract name will default to: Auto-Ship: Silk Balance - Customer Name
Step 4: Click OK
Step 5: On the Profile tab of the contract select the Notify Employee. This is the person you want to be notified when 30 days before the contract will expire.
Step 6: On the Location Tab, make sure the Shipping address is correct for the customerStep 7: On the Schedule Details tab:
- Select the Manager
- Choose the Auto-Ship: Silk balance Service Task Type
- Select a vehicle
- Leave time-frame as Anytime
- Leave priority as Regular
- Leave Route and Quadrant with the customer defaults
- Leave the time estimate as isStep 8: On the Schedule tab of the contract, click Add
- Select the Start date. Note: Many clients choose to schedule all of their auto-ship programs for the first business day of the month but this is optional.
- Select the contract end date or choose the number of occurrences. If the customer agreed to a year of auto-ship for Silk balance, choose end after 3 occurrences since Silk balance should last them 4 months.
- Select the Monthly recurrence pattern option and in the recurs every "X" field, enter 4 and choose day or date.
- Select Unknown as the Tech if no specific tech is responsible for the Auto-shipping process
- Click Ok to save the scheduleStep 9: On the Order Defaults tab of the contract:
- Choose the Store who should get the revenue for the Silk balance sales
- Select the salesperson who should be attributed for the silk balance sales in the Primary Employee drop-down
- Override the stock site if necessary to the stock site that should be relieved of the Silk balance when it ships
- Leave the Create Invoice option as Invoice Per Month
- Select Sales Order in the Order Type drop-down
- Override the tax if necessary, otherwise leave as "Let Evosus Decide"
- Select Yes to create a task on the service calendar if you plan to print the packing slip, delivery slip and customer shipping labels from the Service & Delivery List View
Step 10: On the Order Items tab of the contract, enter the item code for Silk balance, enter the appropriate quantity and click Add Item
Step 11: You can skip Order Items and Order Instructions unless you'd prefer otherwise
Step 12: Skip Site Profiles
Step 13: Skip Mobile Notes
Step 14: Go to the Change Status tab of the contract
Step 15: Select Open-Active
Step 16: Go to the Schedule tab of the contract and click Process This Contract Now if the first shipment will be the following month. If the next shipment will be 4 months from today's date, you can skip this step as Evosus will auto-process this for you. Note: You can control how far out in the future Evosus will process contracts in your system parameters under Administration > System > Evosus Defaults > System Parameters>Maintenance Contracts
Preparing for Shipping
Assuming your Auto-ship programs are all scheduled for the first business day of the month, the person responsible for processing auto-shipments should go to the Service and Delivery Search Schedule-List View on the first business day of the month and perform the following actions. if the auto-ship will simply occur 4 months from the date they purchased the Silk Balance in-store, then you will need to implement a recurring process where the person responsible checks the schedule each day for the Silk Balance that needs to ship
Step 1: In the Type drop down choose Auto-Ship
Step 2: Click Print Docs
Step 3: Select the documents you want to print such as Orders, Packing Slips and Delivery Slips
Step 4: Optional: Return to the list view of the Service Calendar and mass highlight the customers you'd like to print address labels for
Step 5: Right Click and choose Print Labels and follow the screen prompts for printing labels
Step 1: Go to Administration > Maintenance Contracts > Search Contract Orders
Step 2: Filter by Contract Type: Auto-Ship:Silk Balance
Step 3: Mass highlight the orders by using your Ctrl-Shift or Ctrl-Alt keys
Step 4: Click Invoice (Auto)
Step 1: Go to Administration > Maintenance Contracts > Search Contract Invoices
Step 2: Filter by Contract Type: Auto-Ship:Silk Balance
Step 3: Mass highlight the invoices by using your Ctrl-Shift or Ctrl-Alt keys
Step 4: Click Auto Payment on File
Step 5: Leave the Payment Date as today's date
Step 6: Select the appropriate Cash Drawer
Step 7: Map Card Types to Payment Methods if necessary
Step 8: Follow the promptings on screen for processing the payments
Step 9: When ready to process, choose Preview Invoices Marked to Pay
Step 10: Click Charge Cards and Create Payments
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback